LIFE IS ART


Friday, May 23, 2014

Another Walk in the Park

Seeing as our last 2 throw back (OK, recycled) posts were centered around "controversies" at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, I thought we might as well complete the circle and post a current one about them. If you haven't been to see Imaginary Worlds, I would suggest doing so as soon as possible. The "Mosaicultures", a new twist on the traditional "stuffed" topiary, are nothing short of amazing — forget those silly things you see at Walt Disney World.

I heard from a completely unreliable source that Atlanta's brutal summers weren't taken into consideration when last year's installation arrived from Montreal, and, well, you can imagine the rest.  Being someone who has been known to kill even a silk plant (not that they don't deserve to die), I would be the last to criticize such an oversight. Anyway, whether it's true or not, they have been replanted and are even more stunning than when I first saw them. They are joined by some new additions that you don't want to miss.

So get out there... NOW!

Last year's skin has been shed, revealing King Cobra's new clothes. Maybe it's time for that chemical peel.
This guy made me "Misty". My apologies to Dian Fossey.
Who doesn't love a dancing orangutan?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment