LIFE IS ART


Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Pandemic Pollyana

I haven't posted since we first moved into our previous office space nearly six years ago. But, I'm not going to beat myself up about that, as it's still a more frequent emergence than some species of cicadas.

Here we are, nearly a year and a half in our new office space, and current events have afforded me the time and opportunity to update our website, revamp our image and try to increase our SEO (whatever that is). Where's a millennial when you need one?

In the past I've posted somewhat snarky and caustic commentaries, usually about design and things that I found irritating. A college English professor once told me that she found my wit sharp and interesting but was concerned that someone so young could be so cynical. Hmmm...

All that being said, I've decided that perhaps a more positive tone and view on life might do us all some good. Atlanta's stay-at-home mode has provided plenty of time for lengthy walks through the neighborhood.  We've lived here for 20 years, but are just now discovering things that go unnoticed when you pass by in a car.



Like most good walks, this one starts with willing yourself out of bed.


A hammock hangs lazily over Glenn Creek...
not the North Georgia Mountains, but just off North Decatur Road.
Who knew?

And, look what's downstream and across the street - complete with weather vane. 


Further upstream... the old bridge (1908) that was once part of Church Street.

Future content will feature more "finds" and musings. Until then, wash your hands and don't touch anyone, even with a six-foot pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment